Summit Business Review aims at one goal: to be the leading provider of information that improve the readers condition. Since its founding in 2008, SBR has had a proud tradition as Uganda’s preeminent business&finance magazine, publishing leadership, entrepreneurship, business&finance information on the key issues facing executives across all sectors.
- What is the central message of the article you propose to write (the “aha”)? What is important, useful, new, or counterintuitive about your idea? Why do readers need to know about it?
- How can your idea be applied in business today (the “so what”)?
- For which kinds of organisations or environments would the idea NOT work well? For which kinds of organisations or environments would it work especially well? Why?
- What best practice (study, research or facts written by others) have you collected to support the argument in your article?
- On what previous work (either of your own or of others) does this idea build?
- What is the source of your authority? What academic, professional, or personal experience will you draw on?
It need not be long and it certainly need not be written in question-and-answer format. The important point is to cover the topics the questions raise. Articles written with subheading for each key point or message, usually are preferred.
Nearly all SBR articles undergo extensive editing and rewriting, and SBR typically holds copyright on the finished product. Authors continue to own the underlying ideas in the article and are responsible for the article quality, content and assertions.
However, at SBR we do not indicate the authors of our articles in our magazine. This is to promote the brand not ‘who writes’. This also helps us protect the identify of our writers most of whom work in government and big organizations at senior levels. We want someone to buy SBR because of the insights and value they get after reading any article, other than buying because so and so writes. However, interested readers can contact us for the details of the author and with the authors permission, SBR gladly avails the contact details.
Note: if you prefer, we can set up for you a blog on our site, sb.summitliteracy.org where you can publish your ideas with your identity shown or hidden depending on your preference.
Payments/ working relationship
We often pay money to our regular writers (after writing three articles consecutively). Payment fees are negotiable. You may prefer a monthly retainer or payment per article. One thing for sure is, at SBR we are very flexible and understanding.
To partner with us